The following goals were identified for these learners:
- “Where Am I?” - Given “real-world” information regarding immediate surroundings, the learner can identify where they are on a map. (See Joe’s post below regarding this objective.)
- The learner can map out the best route for a series of delivery addresses.
- The learner can find an alternate route when faced with construction areas or other detours on their route.
- The learner can list major indicators that help to identify their present location on the map (street names, numbers, landmarks…) (this was mentioned as a possible near-reaching goal)
- The learner can determine which way is north, south, east, or west.
- The learner can estimate the distance between points A and B using the map scale
- The learner can use the map legend to distinguish different kinds of roads, find the nearest hospital, etc.